Thursday, June 15, 2006

Tomorrow's the day

Well, finally, today I go to the lawyer's to sign the papers. The buyers can't make it until Tuesday, but I can't wait that long. So my lawyer will have to handle the closing without me. I will stop by his office today to sign all the papers. I'll make one last stop at the house to pick up the DSL equipment I have to return to the phone company, then I'll be leaving the keys with the lawyer. I guess I'm officially homeless.
I've set myself an abitious goal for my first day out. I'm starting a little later than I had planned, so I have to make up some miles. I have to be in Albany sometime on Saturday to keep my schedule, so I have to make it half way there on Friday. It means about 38 miles. That's a long day. And given the prevailing northerly wind here on the Hudson, I'll probably have to motor most of the way. So be it. I need to be in Albany this weekend to turn over the keys to my car to my son.
This is it, it's really starting. I still have to pinch myself. It's actually happening. As of tomorrow I'm officially a "voyager." My next update will be from Albany sometime this weekend. Wish me luck.

No comments: