Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The ice finally broke


One of the things that had worried me since the start of my trip was that I had not picked up the guitar. Not once. Didn't even take it out of the case since the night of my retirement party (which migrated from "Cheeseburger in Paradise" to "Whispers.")
I don't know why, I just wasn't in the mood.
Now I think it may have been the strep. Today was the first day that my voice sounded normal to me, and I haven't coughed once. So this afternoon, sitting below (it's raining) suddenly the mood to pick a few tunes hit me. So out came the guitar (and the tuner - man! was it out!) and I entertained myself with some Buffett, some Bertie Higgins and some John Hall. My fingers hurt like hell (from not playing in so long) but at least I'm back to feeling the muse. I guess it's one more sign of recovery from my long, nasty bout with the strep.
Ain't azithromycin wonderful?
Oh, and just for fun, here's a shot of Lake Oneida.

No comments: