Thursday, July 13, 2006

Catching up





July 9. 2006
Motored from Collins Bay to Picton. Wind was on my nose the whole way so I couldn't use the sails. Picton is a nice, busy little town. Great location except the walk up the hill to get from the harbor into the main part of town. The second picture is the harbor at Picton.
July 11, 2006
Weather was cloudy when I set out, but I caught a tailwind and sailed with the wind at my back for half the day. Once I made the turn at Desoronto, the wind was again on my nose so I had to motor. I made it to Belleville, which is another cute town along the shore of Qunite (KWIN-tee) Bay.
July 13, 2006
At last I am at the entrance to the Trent Severn Waterway - Trenton Ontario. (Third picture is the boat with the T/S Waterway sign in the background.
Trenton is a fairly big city and it just so happens that today they are having a sidewalk festival.
I've now traveled a total of 340 nautical miles. I'm 13 days behind schedule, but I should be able to make that up in the next 6 weeks.
I'm finally starting to see a little of the towns I visit, the strep no longer holding me back. I've gotten to dine in some of the restaurants and see some of the sights - like Fort Ontario when I was in Oswego, etc.
For those plotting my trip on nautical charts, my position is now:
N 44 06.115
W 076 34.470

No comments: