Sunday, May 07, 2006

A splendid party

Saturday night my staff from the hospital treated me to an evening at "Cheesebugers in Paradise," the local Jimmy Buffett restaurant. Nearly all of my staff attended in honor of my retirement. They presented me with a wonderful brass bell for the boat, and a shadowbox of mounted fishing lures. We drank, we ate, drank again. A splendid time was had by all.
Afterward, some of us regrouped in a local pub and I brought my guitar and played a few songs.
To all the staff who participated "THANK YOU!"
Now I have just 5 more days to work. Next Thursday, the "official" retirement tea will be held at the hospital.
All the arrangements for my pension are now complete, and the first direct deposit of pension money is due in my account on June 1, the same day the buyers want to close on the house. It's a little scary, but it is really happening.

No comments: