Friday, January 22, 2010

Rejoining the workforce...


...sort of.
As of February 15, I will be the new First Mate on the schooner "Yankee." For four, one week cruises this winter and spring, I will be assisting Capt. John Watson in introducing groups of Boy Scouts to the wonders of sail. We will be taking the Scouts on sailing expeditions from Marathon to Key West with stops at all the good snorkeling spots along the way. Each cruise will last 6 days and nights and will accommodate groups of 8 to 16 Scouts plus their adult Scoutmasters.
"Yankee" will be arriving in Marathon Feb. 12 so I can get oriented to the boat before the Scouts arrive on the 15th.
This will be a great opportunity to add to my sailing resume and perhaps serve as a learning experience for possible future charter work.
Here's a link to "Yankee's" website:

Schooner Yankee

I knew if I held out long enough, a "boating" job would find its way to me. It's a good thing I turned down that pharmacy job...

Bev gets a temporary reduction in rank from Admiral to Captain on Walkure during my absences. Now if she could just get the dinghy engine started without me...

No comments: