Thursday, March 01, 2007

I am an Ac-Tor!

Well, I got a part in the play. Not lead like I wanted, but a major role. It will be fun.
The director told me the only reason I didn't get the lead is because he hasn't seen me on stage and gave the part to an actor he knew from prior productions. I can understand that. You go with what you know, not with the unknown.
So at least I've got my foot in the door and next time (if there is a next time) I'll have more of a track record.
At least I won't have as many lines to remember.
Now that I have a part in the play, I guess we will be staying here until mid-May. The play runs May 10 thru 20 and rehearsals start next week. It will be a busy time, but lots of fun. Wish me well.

On another note, our friend Tom, the neophyte sailor, has departed on his great adventure. While we certainly wish him well, we are frightened by his lack of experience and knowledge. He had exactly one day of sailing (in the Bay) before setting out. I hope he gets wherever he's going.

No comments: